cultural, historical, castle, architectural, adventure
"Blessed are the curious for they shall have adventures."
- Lovelle Drachman
bucket list, special event, ethical eco- and animal tourism
"Take only memories. Leave only footprints."
- Chief Seattle
land plus sea,
river, ocean, world, yacht
"All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware."
friends trip, wellness, wine and culinary
"I haven't been everywhere, but it's on my list."
- Susan Sontag
My reason for becoming a Travel Advisor was to continue but never satisfy my curiosity about and love for travel and cultures by helping and joining others to experience the world through immersive travel.
From traveling and camping throughout the US during the summers with my siblings and school teacher parents to being an exchange student to France when I was 17 to working in the airline industry for six years during and after college at Ohio State University to traveling in the US and abroad with my husband and now-grown kids, I just can't get enough!
I have visited 49 countries and am aiming for 100! My trips have varied from budget to luxury, independent to escorted tours - and I can help you with whatever specialty travel we can imagine. Let's have some fun!
I attend at least five hours each week of professional and/or supplier trainings.
Virtuoso is the leading global network of luxury travel advisors, who work with top destinations and a vetted portfolio of the best travel brands globally. Travelers who have a Virtuoso Advisor tap into a world of in-the-know expertise, unbelievable travel perks, support throughout their travels, and – most importantly – warmer welcomes, deeper connections, and superior experiences in the places they visit. Virtuoso has clout and influence with suppliers to better protect you.
THE COMMUNITY VISION
“A Virtuoso Community is a group of Virtuoso advisors and partners who have made a conscious decision to come together and agree to grow. They are united by a shared passion for a specific type of travel, and now with events, tools, and programs provided by Virtuoso, participants in these communities can mutually expand their knowledge and relationships to create a better travel experience for the consumer and ultimately drive more growth.” – Matthew D. Upchurch, CEO
MY VIRTUOSO TRAVEL COMMUNITIES
The Virtuoso Adventure Travel Community brings together advisors and partners with a shared passion for adventure and active travel experiences, including those focused on nature, exploration of unique cultures and physical activities. Suppliers must satisfy three or more: unique accommodations (ranches, lodges, tents, treehouses, etc.), local, authentic cultural immersion, nature focus, hard or soft physical activities and/or unique transportation (camel, longboat, motorbike, etc.).
The Virtuoso Culinary Community is the perfect pairing of advisors and partners who have a shared passion for epicurean travel, featuring experiences that go beyond traditional dining with well-rounded culinary experiences that are immersive, interactive and educational (food and beverage tours and tastings: vineyards, Champagne caves; hands-on experiences: foraging, visiting farms, truffle hunting; education and learning: cooking classes, cheesemaking, preparing a meal in a local home; chef interactions and/or award-winning culinary experiences).
The Virtuoso Wellness Travel Community focuses on experiences that restore travelers' mind, body and spirit. This portfolio integrates nutrition, healing (guided meditation, sound therapy, connection with nature, local or cultural therapies), mind/body fitness (scheduled hiking, Pilates, yoga, etc.), spa/wellness center and educational components. Partners must meet a stringent set of criteria to prove a comprehensive wellness experience.
The Virtuoso Cruise Community has all the right ingredients for ocean, river and expedition cruises by providing additional benefits for travelers. This portfolio encompasses both partners participating in the Voyages hosted sailing program and partners offering an exclusive benefit.
The Virtuoso Sustainability Community brings together Virtuoso partners and advisors who are passionate about sustainability. Suppliers must celebrate cultural heritage and conservation, support local economies, employment and community development and protect the planet through environmental conservation and restoration.
Even if I have been to a place to give you first hand knowledge, because things in the travel industry change so quickly, I research every trip, every time.
United States (all states), Canada
Peru (April 2024), Ecuador and The Galapagos Islands
LATIN AMERICA AND THE CARIBBEAN
Aruba, Bonaire, Curacao, Columbia, Mexico, Dominican Republic, Costa Rica, Panama, Jamaica, Turks and Caicos, Belize, Honduras, Bahamas, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands (St. Croix, St. Thomas, St. John), Cayman Islands, St. Martin
Germany, United Kingdom (Wales, England, Scotland), France, Ireland, Italy, Spain, Portugal, Poland, Netherlands, Belgium, Canary Islands (Sept 2023), Czech Republic, Greece, Sweden, Switzerland, Hungary, Austria, Switzerland, Denmark, Finland, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein
South Africa (safari), Egypt, Morocco (September 2023)
1. CONSULT. Have a free, initial consultation with me, your personal Travel Advisor, Jennifer Herrick.
2. SIGN AGREEMENT AND PAY FEES. There is incredible value in working with a human, not a computer. When you realize you don't want to tackle the daunting project of researching suppliers, planning, booking, verifying, documenting and preparing itineraries and you want to leave that all, especially researching great, vetted suppliers you probably don't even know about, up to me, you then you sign the terms and conditions agreement, pay the research and planning fee and schedule your discovery interview.
The travel industry has evolved to charging a research and planning fee. This fee assures we are both committed to your great trip. My fees mean I work for YOU, not the supplier. For a cruise or prepackaged itinerary, my average fee for two people is $200 for five hours. For a custom package, my average fee for two people is $400 for ten hours. Additional time for more complex itineraries or client initiated changes may be billed at $40 per hour. I will let you know in advance if there will be fees beyond the average research and planning fee. Additional travelers are $100 each. I will start working on your incredible trip once the fee has been paid. Clients have 30 days from the time the itinerary is presented to book the trip or else a portion all of the fee may be charged again.
Many people do not realize that most airlines no longer pay commissions to travel advisors. If you would like me to book your flights so I will be able to research and monitor them and notify you of any changes or issues, there is a $35 fee per person per round-trip flight. If you book your own flights, I will not have access to monitor them or help you if there are any issues. If flights are included as part of your cruise or package, there will be no additional $35 fees.
3. DISCOVERY INTERVIEW. The main decision maker(s) and I will meet via phone, internet or in person for approximately one hour for your discovery interview. This initial time investment will save us both time and money because I will discover what motivates and excites you about travel. I will help you assess and prioritize the facets of your trip: destination, transportation, accommodations, dining, activities, length of trip and time of year.
4. CURATE. During the next week or two, I will curate one unique, custom itinerary tailored to your style, taste and budget as well as two others you possibly never even dreamed of. With my membership, training and preferred status with vetted suppliers through Virtuoso travel consortium as well as other suppliers throughout the world, I will include personalized, unforgettable experiences, expert guides and a mix of known and hidden treasures.
5. APPROVE ITINERARY AND PAY SUPPLIERS. After selecting your favorite (or two or three!) itinerary, you approve the proposal, pay supplier deposits and I will then book your travel, tours, excursions, transfers, restaurants, activities and anything else in your custom package and present your confirmed itinerary. Remember, nothing is confirmed until the deposits and/or full payments, if required, are paid. I will also assist with your selection and purchase of travel insurance which I highly recommend.
6. GATHER DOCUMENTS. Gather your travel documents such as your visas, if necessary, and passports and schedule any vaccinations you discover are required.
7. CONFER. Between the date your trip is confirmed and the date of your departure, we will confer about any more details. You are welcome to call me at 303-918-9039 with any questions. I will also email you special insights such as customs in the country, a packing list and special restaurants.
8. GO! Now, pack your bags and go have some fun! If you need anything during your trip, you may call any time. Please be mindful of time zones and try to call me at night only if you have an emergency. And I'd love to see some of your travel photos while you're on your trip. If you like, I'll share some on social media and the website.
9. REVIEW AND DREAM. Meet me via phone, internet or in person for approximately a half hour to review your trip. I want to know all about it! And let's start dreaming of your next trip!
From ASTA, the American Society of Travel Advisors
“I book online because it’s cheaper. I’ve seen the deals.”
There are some great prices online. Sometimes though, hidden taxes, surcharges, resort fees and such get added after arrival, making it higher in the end than other offers or even better resorts. If you’d like help, I’m trained to know the difference.
“I book myself so I control what I see and get.”
I understand that. Just watch out. A lot of websites filter and bias what you see based on your browser and purchase history. You might get completely different options from someone else. Luckily, travel advisors get unfiltered access to everything for our clients. Let me know if something looks suspicious.
“I LIKE doing it myself!"
Isn’t it great? It’s so much fun to check out videos, reviews, and do those 360º virtual tours. I love it. I’m just thankful I know how to spot the real deals from the photo-shopped rip-offs. It’s easier for me since I do this all day every day. If something catches your eye, call me and I’ll work my magic on it.
“I don’t need a travel agent; I always know what I want.”
My clients often know what they want too. But there are some critical details that can change everything. I make sure they aren’t risking it, so they GET the experiences they want – good versions of them, and not unpleasant surprises. I am also here to take care of them if anything goes wrong no matter what we book. We are very well connected. I’ve got their backs every step of the way. I can help you too.
Once you have clicked through this link and shopped for plans, if you are not ready to purchase immediately, you'll need to start over with this link when you are ready.
Security screenings, TSA Pre-Check, Global Entry, Real ID, permitted and prohibited Items
One to Sign Will Be Emailed Directly To You
Your IDP is a valid form of identification in 150 countries worldwide and contains your name, photo and driver information. It translates your identification information into 10 language Many countries require an IDP to drive legally. Fines for driving without an IDP can be quite costly. Check countries requirements before travel.
Federal law forbids the carriage of certain hazardous materials, such as aerosols, fireworks, and flammable liquids aboard the aircraft. If you do not understand these restrictions, contact your airline or click on this link.